Welcome to the Holton-le-Clay village website, which is administered by the Clerk to the Parish Council.
Holton-le-Clay still retains much of its village life even though it now has a population of around 3,600, with further development planned. Holton-le-Clay is located near to the A16 at the north of Lincolnshire with the neighbouring village of Tetney and bordering the villages of Waltham and New Waltham in North East Lincolnshire.
A village survey was carried out in 2017, as a way of finding out how the community wanted Holton le Clay to develop.
The Parish Council has provided many improvements to the village as and when funds have allowed. These include:-
- Trim Trail on 8 Acres for Adults and Teenagers.
- New play equipment on the Junior Playing Field.
- War Memorial Area (at the A16 traffic lights) Refurbishment and installation of information boards detailing the historical significance of the site, WW1 Tommy Silhouette and a new WW2 Commemorative Bench.
- Community wildlife area on the Junior Playing Field.
- Ten new rubbish/dog waste bins around the Village and the facility to empty these.
- New benches and on-going bench repairs and replacement of notice boards around the village.
- Installation of three defibrillators
- Bulb planting around the village.
- Improvements to the allotments and cemetery have also been carried out.
- A programme of installing CCTV around village.
- Renovation of the upstairs of the Village Hall in partnership with MERC the Village Hall Committee.
We are hoping to achieve over the coming years some of the long term, more expensive projects including:
- Regeneration of the tennis courts at Eight Acres to provide a MUGA (Multi Use Games Area)